In case you do not have a in-game server list, or never had one and need help joining Battlefield Vietnam servers - read on!
To join via direct IP, please follow these steps:
1. Start up your game
2. Click 'Multiplayer'
3. Click 'Internet'
4. Click 'Add server'
5. Type in the IP address of the server you want to join.
6. The port is generally the same for any server, only change it if needed.
7. Press join.
Another method, to join a favorite server directly is:
1. Right-click on your BfVietnam - shortcut (normally on your desktop).
2. Left-click on "Properties".
3. On the "Shortcut" tab, at the end of the text in the "Target" box, we add: +restart 1 +joinServer insertserverip&porthere
4. Should look something like this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield Vietnam\BfVietnam.exe" +restart 1 +joinServer xxx.xxx.xx.xx:15567
5. Hit "Apply" and "Ok" launch the game = happiness.
Please note that if you are missing the (x86) part of the above text on your shortcut target, don't stress! It's just your operating system, so you don't need to change it or anything. Only focus on adding the +restart 1 +joinServer insertserverip&porthere part.
The +restart will actually stop your game from crashing (if you previously had this issue) during map changes.